[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_image _builder_version=”3.0.101″ src=”https://www.seqic.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/seqic-logo-4-1.png” show_in_lightbox=”off” url_new_window=”off” use_overlay=”off” always_center_on_mobile=”on” force_fullwidth=”off” show_bottom_space=”on” align=”center” /][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.0.101″ background_layout=”light”]
Membership with the South East Queensland Hobie Island Club is open to Hobie Island owners throughout the state of Queensland.
The club holds a formal sail event on the first Sunday of each month and then various casual sails during the month. Sail Events are advertised here or on our facebook group page.
To be approved for membership you must agree to the clubs rules as outlined below.
Your health and safety is of upmost importance to us. The following Risk Statement details the responsibilities of participants.
Sailing is by its nature an unpredictable sport and therefore inherently involves an element of risk. By taking part in the event, each competitor agrees and acknowledges that:
- they are aware of the inherent element of risk involved in the sport and accept responsibility for the exposure of themselves, their crew and their boat to such inherent risk whilst taking part in the event;
- they are responsible for the safety of themselves, their crew, their boat and their other property whether afloat of ashore;
- they accept responsibility for any injury, damage or loss to the extent caused by their own actions and omissions;
- their boat is in good order, equipped to sail in the event and they are fit to participate;
- it is their responsibility to familiarise themselves with any risks specific to the venue or event drawn to their attention in any rules and information produced for the venue or event and to attend any safety briefing held for the event;
Club Sail Events
- All sailors sailing in a club event or any sailing excursion with the club is sailing at their own risk
- If any sailor wishes to sail with the club you will stay with the fleet.
- If any sailor chooses to sail to another destination or away from the fleet that sailors will be deemed to be sailing on their own and therefor responsible for themselves.
- All sailors will arrive at OFFICIAL EVENTS on time and attend the sail briefing where all sailors will be given and overview of the day, the course we will be taking and any relevant weather or tidal information.
- Sail Briefings are held 15 minutes prior to the launch time.
- All sailors will sign on or make themselves known to the event organisers at the commencement of the event and sign off at the end of the event.
- All sailors will respect and follow the guidance of senior club sailors.
- All sailors will carry formal communications in the form of either a mobile phone stored in a waterproof device and or a waterproof VHF radio set to channel 74. Their phone number of call sign will be stored within the Sign On Sign Off register.
- All sailors are required to wear PFD’s at all events.
- All sailors are required to carry suitable bailing devices stored within the hull of their boat and secured in such a way that it is reachable at all times from the central hatch. This means it must be tied to a piece of rope and can be retrieved with easy
- All sailors shall carry a minimum of 2 spare rudder pins on the kayak at all times.
- All sailors are required to be suitably attired for the days weather.
- All sailors sail at their own risk at all times.
All sailors are are responsible for the seaworthiness of their vessel.
Required Equipment to be carried in Sail Event Days
- PFD’s for all sailors. These can be inflatable or any other type of approved personal flotation device. (Must meet minimum standards for the appropriate country of use)
- Bailing device, hand pump mandatory.
- VHF Radio
- Mobile phone in water proof case
- Water at least 2 litres per person
- Sunscreen, waterproof
- Spare bungs
- Spare rubber pins
- Paddel (either half for full paddle)
- Glow Stick
- Torch Waterproof
- Sea Anchor
Use of Public Media
- The South East Queensland Hobie Island cub communicates through various online media systems including this site via the site itself or news letter and facebook. Any content submitted to this site must be approved by the admin team.
- Membership to the facebook group is restricted to members of this club who have completed the club registration process and have been approved. Facebook members who are not registered on this site will be removed.
- The facebook page is to be used for the purpose of promoting events or reporting on events.
- The facebook page is not to be used for the purpose of posting questions.
- The facebook page is not to be used for the purpose of posting modifications to any boat unless approved by admin.
- The facebook page is not to be used for the advertising of second hand boats or any other product.
- Club management reserve the right to remove any content it sees fit to do so.
All members must reside in the state of Queensland
Non Queensland residents may apply for membership and will be considered case by case
To be eligible for club membership you must be committed to sail with the club at at least 3 sail events in a 12 month period or be committed to sail with the cub if you are a new HobIe Island Owner.
By clicking the button below you agree to the above club policy and will be taken to the registration page.
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_button _builder_version=”3.0.101″ button_text=”Register for Club Membership” button_url=”https://www.seqic.com.au/register-2/” url_new_window=”off” button_alignment=”center” background_layout=”light” custom_button=”off” button_icon_placement=”right” /][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]